qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rejected disposition state
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:55:05 GMT
On 25 August 2015 at 15:48, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 03:17 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It does appear from the logs that qpidd is automatically settling the
>>> message immediately, before my receiver link even sends a disposition.
>>> What
>>> are the correct link attach settings to disable this behavior then?
>

> That is controlled by the snd-settle-mode requested by the receiver in its
> attach.
>
>> Ah, I think there is some confusion on my part here. The disposition in
>> this case is meant to be between sender+qpid, and receiver+qpid, not
>> between the sender and receiver. I think I was trying to achieve something
>> like rabbitmq has with "publisher acknowledgements" or "confirms".  Are
>> transactions the only way to solve this problem with qpid?
>

> No, messages from a receiver will be explicitly accepted and settled once
> they have been enqueued (unless of course the publisher has already settled
> them). That is equivalent to the confirms in rabbitmq.

I had a quick chat with Matt on IRC earlier and it seems he actually
was looking to try having a consumer from the broker be able to send
disposition to a producer to the broker. I explained the dispositions
are between the sender+broker and broker+receiver, but mentioned that
Dispatch could be used to achieve the desired effect.

Robbie