qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.5.0
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:36:20 GMT
On 28 August 2015 at 11:35, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a first spin for a 0.5.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.5.0-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1044
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1044</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.5.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Making my +1 explicit.

I tested things as follows:
- Verified the checksums and sigs of both archives.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files were present and look ok in both.
- Verified licence headers using "mvn apache-rat:check" after
extracting the src archive.
- Ran the build and tests using the source archive, all passed.
- Used the staging repo contents to:
 -- Run the HelloWorld example from the bin archive against the Qpid
Java 0.32 broker.
 -- Run the HelloWorld example from the bin archive against the Qpid
C++ 0.34 broker.
 -- Run the HelloWorld example from the bin archive against the
ActiveMQ 5.12 broker.
 -- Run the ActiveMQ master build and its amqp module tests using the
0.5.0 client, all passed.

Robbie