qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Aschenbrenner, Erik" <easch...@icubic.de>
Subject AW: AMQP blog
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 06:46:32 GMT
Hi Paolo, hi Chuck!

Nice to see some other AMQP experts here on the user list.

In your blogs you deal with Wireshark to trace and dissect AMPQ traffic. Did you ever try
to dissect encrypted AMQP traffic with Wireshark? Because in real word AMQP traffic may be
encrypted (at least in the one real world application I'm working on). In the Wireshark forum
(https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/43961/amqp-10-traffic-not-dissected-with-wireshark-1126)
the creator of the AMQP dissector for Wireshark said that there is now way to decode encrypted
traffic in Wireshark. Maybe this would be an idea for another blog post to find out if this
is true ;-)

Regards,
Erik

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paolo Patierno [mailto:ppatierno@live.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. August 2015 08:27
An: users@qpid.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AMQP blog

Hi Chuck,
nice and very useful article !
Articles like these help people to understand better AMQP specification.

I'd like to add my three part series of "AMQP type system explained by examples". I used AMQP
.Net Lite too.

https://paolopatierno.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/amqp-protocol-the-builtin-type-system-by-examples/

https://paolopatierno.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/amqp-on-the-wire-messages-content-framing/

https://paolopatierno.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/amqp-message-accepted-encoding-on-the-wire/