qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 C++ Broker: MsgDrop in topic exchanges' dynamic route
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:55:09 GMT
On 08/13/2015 07:50 AM, Haoliang Chen wrote:
> So how can I ensure the message was transfer within the federation
> successfully?
>
> Simply put, the problem is if one broker was jammed by a slow receiver,
> messages will be dropped between the source broker and the jammed broker
> silently.

If you want to buffer messages for another broker while no connection
exists to that broker, then you need to use queue routes (and explicitly
configure your queue to manage any anticipated build up). If a large
amount of backlog may need to be stored, the paged queue may be of
interest (it keeps the messages on disk, only swapping a small portion
into memory at any time as needed).

Federation in qpidd is tied to a store-and-forward pattern. There is no
end-to-end acknowledgement.

Depedning on your use case you may also want to consider qpid dispatch
router, which is a much more sophisticated approach to creating networks
of 'message forwarders' and gives end-to-end acknowledgement as well as
redundant routes for better fault tolerance.