qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.10 (RC2)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:04:22 GMT
-1 unfortunately.

I've been testing against Dispatch and I'm seeing lots of timeouts on
the tests.

It turns out that pn_read_frame is used to parse text that is not a
frame header.  It's actually the AMQP header so it interprets the string
"AMQP" as the frame length.  Now that we're testing frames against the
max-frame-size, this causes a framing error which drops the connection.

It's interesting to note that this mis-parse is not a regression.  It's
been happening all along but was not noticed because "AMQP" is much
larger than the typical number of available bytes.  Before RC2,
pn_read_frame would simply return zero for this non-frame and things
muddled along more or less correctly.

-Ted