qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QpidSender::send() blocks
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:45:15 GMT
On 08/07/2015 09:11 AM, Andreas Welchlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using the C++ messaging API 0.28 to send AMQP 1.0 messages to an
> ActiveMQ message broker.
>
> Everything worked fine for days but one time the QpidSender::send()
> command blocked. The sync flag was set to true.
>
> The docu says that the send call blocks until the server confirms
> receipt of the messages. I assume that no receipt came in.
>
> I would like my process to warn the user somehow so it should not block
> for two hours (what it actually did).
>
> Could you suggest what I can do to avoid blocking for hours. Ssetting a
> timout would be nice but I see no possibility to set one for send().

There is a JIRA for that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4648, but I have not got
round to working on a fix. Patches are always welcome of course, but I
will try and take another look at it before too long. (It should be
relatively straightforward on the 1.0 path, a little more invasive on
the 0-10 path).