qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Welchlin <andr...@welchlin.de>
Subject QpidSender::send() blocks
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 08:11:13 GMT
Hello,

I am using the C++ messaging API 0.28 to send AMQP 1.0 messages to an
ActiveMQ message broker.

Everything worked fine for days but one time the QpidSender::send()
command blocked. The sync flag was set to true.

The docu says that the send call blocks until the server confirms
receipt of the messages. I assume that no receipt came in.

I would like my process to warn the user somehow so it should not block
for two hours (what it actually did).

Could you suggest what I can do to avoid blocking for hours. Ssetting a
timout would be nice but I see no possibility to set one for send().

Regards,
Andreas