qpid-users mailing list archives

From Suman.Patro-TRN <Suman.Patro-...@lntebg.com>
Subject RE: qpid errors
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 09:40:59 GMT
Hey  Gordon,
                      Thanks a ton.  The  error  got  resolved.  The  broker  in qpid 0.34
is named as qpidd.exe which  needed to  be  run as  a windows  service.
From: Gordon Sim [gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 3:05 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: qpid errors

On 08/04/2015 07:30 AM, Suman.Patro-TRN wrote:
> Hey Gordon,
>   1.  There is  no amqp broker .exe , but  there is qpidbroker.dir  which  has broker.cpp.obj
 and qpidbrokerd.dll in     D:\qpid_build\src\Debug. what  do I  start and how??
>   2. I  tried running qpid.exe but  with  errors  as :
>
> D:\qpid_build\src\Debug>qpidd.exe
> 2015-08-04 11:50:18 [Broker] notice Broker (pid=7536) start-up
> 2015-08-04 11:50:18 [Broker] notice Broker (pid=7536) shut-down
> 2015-08-04 11:50:18 [Broker] critical Unexpected error: Can't create directory:
> \TEMP\QPIDD.DATA

That is the right executable, the error is because it can't create the
directory it wants. I'm not sure why that is the case (I'm not a windows
user, but hopefully someone more familiar with it will chip in with
suggestions).

There are two options you could use to avoid that: (1) use the
no-data-dir option, which avoids needing a directory and (2) use the
data-dir option to point at a valid directory the broker can use.
qpidd.exe -h should give you all the available options.

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s).
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify
the sender and delete it from your system.