qpid-users mailing list archives

From Flavio Percoco <fla...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Qpid Proton 0.10 released
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:11:23 GMT
On 15/08/15 19:14 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>The Apache Qpid community is pleased to announce the immediate
>availability of Apache Qpid Proton 0.10.
>
>Qpid Proton is an AMQP 1.0 messaging library. It can be used in a wide
>range of messaging applications including brokers, clients, routers,
>bridges, proxies, and more.
>
>This release incorporates a number of defect fixes and enhancements,
>including Python 3 support for for the Python bidings and a new SASL
>API and optional cyrus-sasl integration for Proton-C. Release notes
>are available at:
>    http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.10/release-notes.html

Outsider question:

Is there a reason why 0.10 is used rather than 0.10.0?

I believe sticking to 3-digit versions and keep it consistent would
make supporting scripts, bindings and even packages easier since they
would not have to care about these 2-to-3 digit changes.

Is that something we can change in qpid-proton ?

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco