qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lost of message lost possible in AMQP?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:01:38 GMT
On 25 June 2015 at 09:14, Erik Aschenbrenner <easchenb@icubic.de> wrote:
> Dear Qpid users,
>
> I'm having a client application which uses the Qpid JMS API to connect to an
> AMQP broker.
>
> Is it possibe that messages which were sent successfully (without any
> errors) by the Qpid JMS API did not arrive at the brokers queue? I thought
> that should not happen when using the AMQP protocol.
>
> Some days ago I did a load test where I sent 400 messages to the brokers
> request queue but I did not get the responses for 2 of the 400 messages.
> Before and after the messages where sent there where no errors or anything
> suspicious in Qpid logs.
>
> I created a ticket for the service which runs the AMQP broker and they told
> me, that the 2 messages did not arrive at the broker but I have serious
> problems in believing this.
>
> Maybe to broker only needed to long for creating the responses?
>
> How can I make sure that my messages where really sent over the network?
> Maybe by using wireshark?
>
> Regards,
> Erik

Hi Erik,

I would echo everything Gordon already said (thanks!), but have some
quetions to add.

Are you using the newer qpid-jms-client (e.g.0.3.0), or did you return
to/stay using the older qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms (e.g 0.32)?

You mention 2 messages out of the 400. Which 2 exactly? The last ones,
first ones, or some in the middle?

What delivery mode are you using?

Are you using transactions?

(I see Rob typed most of these questions quicker than I did...doh.
Sending anyway)

Robbie