qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.3.0
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:00:58 GMT
On 12 June 2015 at 10:43, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/2015 07:46 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have made a bunch of fixes and improvements since the previous version
>> so it is time to make them available via an updated release. I have put
>> up an initial RC for folks to test and vote on accordingly.
>>
>> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.3.0-rc1/
>>
>> Those and the other individual maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1035
>

> +1
>
> I built and ran the tests from source, then ran the examples from the binary
> build against qpidd and dispatch (For dispatch, because by design it does
> not do store-and-forward, you need to start the sender first, sending lots
> of messages to give you time to start the receiver in order to get some.
> Otherwise the receiver times out).

The sender+receiver examples are about as basic as can be and werevery
quickly put together, only taking a message count and having a hard
coded receive timeout. I was keen to avoid making too much of a swiss
army knife, but they could certainly be improved to work nicer in more
situations, e.g. having a configurable timeout which would also enable
blocking indefinitely until messages arrive (timeout of 0).

Robbie