qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:00:18 GMT
Hello Peter,

Yes, the build instructions for Windows are a bit dated.
A later discussion is in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6266
Please note using the shared install folder for getting AMQP 1.0 with Proton.

In my daily use:
<cut>
Running CMake in D:\git\qpid\qpid\build_2010_x64 :
    CMake -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64" "-DBUILD_DOCS=No"
        "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=D:\git\qpid\qpid\install_2010_x64"
        "-DBoost_COMPILER=-vc100" "-DBOOST_ROOT=c:\boost-win-1.47-64bit-vs2010"
        "-DINSTALL_QMFGEN=No" D:\git\qpid\qpid\cpp
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.40219.1
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.40219.1
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Skipping installing qmf-gen and qmf python site-packages
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find Ruby (missing:  RUBY_LIBRARY) (found version "1.8.6")
-- Found PythonInterp: c:/Python26/python.exe (found version "2.6.1")
-- Found Doxygen: C:/Program Files (x86)/doxygen/bin/doxygen.exe (found version "1.6.3")
-- Could NOT find VALGRIND (missing:  VALGRIND_EXECUTABLE)
-- Looking for sasl_checkpass in sasl2
-- Looking for sasl_checkpass in sasl2 - not found
-- Looking for include file sasl/sasl.h
-- Looking for include file sasl/sasl.h - not found
-- Could NOT find SASL (missing:  FOUND_SASL_LIB FOUND_SASL_H)
-- Regenerating AMQP protocol sources
<cut>

I believe that Ruby is required to generate scripts. CMake is
pretty ambiguous about what Ruby is found (above) as it says "not found",
"missing", and "found" in the same log line! I have Ruby 1.8.6 in my PATH.

SASL and VALGRIND are not required.

-Chuck