qpid-users mailing list archives

From Peter Ritter <ritter....@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie question
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:19:25 GMT
Hello Everyone

I had already started to implement my own messaging protocol using
boost::asio when I decided to look around the web one last time. Qpid, what
a great find! Nice project! It all looks neat and tidy, and nicely
documented. The initial release of my project is on MS-Windows, and as
everyone knows building things on Windows isn't the greatest of fun. There
aren't any Qpid binaries available for download as far as I could tell.

I have downloaded the latest 0.32 version and I was trying to build this by
following the direction in INSTALL-WINDOWS which seem a little outdated:

 # cd qpid\cpp
 # cmake -i -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" .

The cmake -i option seems to be obsolete, as well as the directory. I have
boost and python27 installed and things seemed to go all right until :

-- Found PythonInterp: C:/Python27/python.exe (found version "2.7.10")
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find Ruby (missing:  RUBY_EXECUTABLE RUBY_INCLUDE_DIR
RUBY_LIBRARY)

-- Found Doxygen: C:/Program Files/doxygen/bin/doxygen.exe (found version
"1.8.7
")
-- Could NOT find VALGRIND (missing:  VALGRIND_EXECUTABLE)
-- Looking for sasl_checkpass in sasl2
-- Looking for sasl_checkpass in sasl2 - not found
-- Looking for include file sasl/sasl.h
-- Looking for include file sasl/sasl.h - not found
-- Could NOT find SASL (missing:  FOUND_SASL_LIB FOUND_SASL_H)
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:88 (message):
  Can't locate ruby, needed to generate amqp 0-10 framing code.

My question is:
1) is Ruby a prerequisite to build on windows?
2) Is SASL a prerequisite to build on windows?
3) Is Valgrind a prerequisite to build on windows? I'm not even sure it
exists for windows.

Any help is appreciated. One more thing - should I be worried about the 0.32
version number? The QPID product is actively used in commercial production
environments, right?

Many Thanks in advance, Peter