qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Proton-c 0.9.1 and Qpid 0.32 Java Broker
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 22:01:18 GMT
Hi Carlos,

at a guess the proton client is trying to communicate without creating
a SASL authentication layer.

AMQP 1.0 allows establishment without establishing any authentication
layer - distinct from requiring an authentication layer but allowing
the ANONYMOUS mechanism.

The Java Broker does not currently support this mode of establishment
and requires that the SASL layer is established - though the chosen
mechanism can (and would be given you configuration) ANONYMOUS.

I'm not very familiar with the Proton clients and how you can
configure them to establish in this way.  The response from the broker
"Unsupported protocol version requested, replying with: AMQP_1_0" is
saying it is sending information back to the client that it should
attempt reconnection but to first establish an authentication layer -
obviously the client is not doing this.

Hopefully someone more familiar with those clients can step in and can
help some more.

-- Rob