qpid-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Building Qpid on Windows
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 21:14:20 GMT
Hi,

I tried to build Qpid C++ (0.32) under Windows. I tried to follow the steps
from INSTALL-WINDOWS file, but it didn't worked on 100% for me. Bellow are
the points which seemed to be different / didn't worked. I did the build
twice - both with Windows 7. Once I used Visual Studio Community 2013 and
once Visual Studio 2010. As for the other components like CMake, Boost,
OpenSSL etc. I used always the latest available binaries.

I'm not really a developer, so I'm not sure what is a bug and what is just
caused by some different software versions which I used. Maybe someone more
experience with development on Windows can have a look at it to see what
are bugs and what is ok as it is.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

1) The chapter 2.1 from the INSTALL-WINDOWS distinguishes between
installation from source distribution and source checkout. My assumption
was that source checkout what what I get from SVN and source distribution
is the release archive I can download from the website. I used the 0.32
"source distribution", but I needed CMake, Python and Ruby anyway. BTW:
Ruby 2.2.1 seemed to work fine for me.

2) The "cmake -i" command referred from the chapter 3 doesn't seem to be
supported anymore in my CMake. Leaving it out worked fine for me.

3) Setting the BOOST_ROOT environment variable was not enough for the CMake
to find Boost libraries. I had to additionally create another environment
variable BOOST_LIBRARYDIR which points directly to the *.lib files.

4) The document doesn't say anything about AMQP 1.0 and Proton. I found out
that I have to define environment variable PROTON_DIR to point CMake to the
Proton libraries. That enabled the AMQP 1.0 support. However, the paths to
the Proton libraries and header files in my Visual Studio projects (amqp
and qpidmessaging) were completely broker and I had to fix them manually

5) CMake didn't enable the .NET bindings by default, because apparently my
Visual Studio didn't support .NET. I had to slightly edit
bindings/qpid/dotnet/CMakeLists.txt to enable them. The Visual Studio 2013
seemed to be missing completely. But even for the 2010 version I had to
change the CMakeLists.txt file, because the CMake identified it as "Visual
Studio 10 2010" and not just "Visual Studio 10"

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message