qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Broadstone <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: acknowledge not releasing message with C++ messaging api
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:46:59 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/29/2015 07:08 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>
>> I am using AMQP 1.0, and this is with two services communicating with
>> each other over qpidd, both written in C++ and using the QPID C++
>> Messaging
>> API on the 0.28 release. I just updated to 0.32, and began trying to
>> stress
>> test the system in a VM and am now running into memory consumption errors
>> with my test programs. They can be found here:
>> https://gist.github.com/mbroadst/0adcd6cb1b2c8617a473
>>
>> Running this for about 1-2min results in something like 80% memory usage
>> on
>> my VM, although valgrind isn't able to spot any memory leaks.
>>

> What process is taking up the memory? The sender, the receiver or the
> broker? What address are you using and what does qpid-stat -q show? You
> could also try running qpid-queue-stats while the test is running to give
> some insight into the enqueue and dequeue rates.
>
> Also, what version of proton are you using?

Using all packages from here:
https://launchpad.net/~mcpierce/+archive/ubuntu/qpid-testing

The process that's taking up memory is the receiver (mqget.cc in the posted
gist). Proton is version 0.9.

Here is my test process currently:

1) qpid-config -a localhost add exchange topic my.topic --durable
2) mqget localhost my.topic
3) mqsend localhost my.topic

wait for 2min and these were the statistics gathered (all initial counters
are 0 at start of the test):

mqget memory consumption is at 30.6%, and will hold there indefinitely
until I quit the program.

mbroadst@simulated-cell:~/Development/test/mqsend/build$ qpid-stat -g
Broker Summary:
  uptime  cluster       connections  sessions  exchanges  queues
  6m 28s  <standalone>  2            2         9          2

Aggregate Broker Statistics:
  Statistic                   Messages  Bytes
  queue-depth                 0         0
  total-enqueues              77,373    2,255,741
  total-dequeues              77,373    2,255,741
  persistent-enqueues         0         0
  persistent-dequeues         0         0
  transactional-enqueues      0         0
  transactional-dequeues      0         0
  flow-to-disk-depth          0         0
  flow-to-disk-enqueues       0         0
  flow-to-disk-dequeues       0         0
  acquires                    77,373
  releases                    0
  discards-no-route           282
  discards-ttl-expired        0
  discards-limit-overflow     0
  discards-ring-overflow      0
  discards-lvq-replace        0
  discards-subscriber-reject  0
  discards-purged             0
  reroutes                    0
  abandoned                   0
  abandoned-via-alt           0

mbroadst@simulated-cell:~/Development/test/mqsend/build$ qpid-stat -q
Queues

queue
dur  autoDel  excl  msg   msgIn  msgOut  bytes  bytesIn  bytesOut  cons
bind

43b625de-1047-4c14-a295-7da4c5c0ac52:0.0
Y        Y        0     0      0       0      0        0         1     2

a6725d7b-1bd6-4d36-b88a-e9f017473c80_my.topic_26f4a0ac-af6e-4343-b8a3-af34544d8140
Y        Y        0  77.4k  77.4k      0   2.24m    2.24m        1     2

Any other info I can provide?

Cheers,
Matt