qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: acknowledge not releasing message with C++ messaging api
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:33:57 GMT
On 04/29/2015 07:59 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 04/29/2015 07:46 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>> The process that's taking up memory is the receiver (mqget.cc in the
>> posted
>> gist). Proton is version 0.9.
>
> I see some sort of build up in receivers using AMQP 1.0 with
> 0.32+proton-0.9 also. Seems to be only when receiving from topics. I'll
> investigate further.

It's a bug in the qpid::messaging client for 1.0 I'm afraid.
Specifically it is not locally settling deliveries that are sent
pre-settled. These then build up within protons delivery map.

I'll get a fix in shortly. However as a workaround you can turn on
acknowledgements for the receiver, e.g. using 'my-topic;
{link:{reliability:at-least-once, timeout:1}}'.