qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: acknowledge not releasing message with C++ messaging api
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:23:10 GMT
On 04/29/2015 07:08 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> I am using AMQP 1.0, and this is with two services communicating with
> each other over qpidd, both written in C++ and using the QPID C++ Messaging
> API on the 0.28 release. I just updated to 0.32, and began trying to stress
> test the system in a VM and am now running into memory consumption errors
> with my test programs. They can be found here:
> https://gist.github.com/mbroadst/0adcd6cb1b2c8617a473
>
> Running this for about 1-2min results in something like 80% memory usage on
> my VM, although valgrind isn't able to spot any memory leaks.

What process is taking up the memory? The sender, the receiver or the
broker? What address are you using and what does qpid-stat -q show? You
could also try running qpid-queue-stats while the test is running to
give some insight into the enqueue and dequeue rates.

Also, what version of proton are you using?