qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Framing error causes abort
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:42:34 GMT
On 04/15/2015 09:26 PM, Scott Nicol wrote:
> Another abort(), this time due to a framing error:

[...]
> Here's the line in Connection.cpp:
>
>      assert(workQueue.empty() || workQueue.front().encodedSize() <= size);
>      if (!workQueue.empty() && workQueue.front().encodedSize() > size)
>          throw InternalErrorException(QPID_MSG("Frame too large for
> buffer."));

This seems to indicate that the broker is trying to write a frame bigger
than the 65536 bytes of buffer it was given.

The only way at present I can think of that this might happen is in
sending out a very large management related message (where at present
there appears to be no logic to split content up into frames if needed).
However I think that would require an enormous amount of entities within
the broker. Will see if I can reproduce based on this theory.

I raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6501 to track this.