qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ken Giusti <kgiu...@redhat.com>
Subject Python 3 port is 'done'
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:05:32 GMT

Well, done enough to consider merging to master.

While the patch is quite large, most of the changes are simple syntax changes to avoid non-python3
compliant syntax.

The code is available on the kgiusti-python3 branch at the Apache repo.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kgiusti-python3

I've also made a patch that can be viewed up on reviewboard:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/33691/

I've verified that the unit tests and python examples run under python2.6, 2.7, and python3.3.
  I'd appreciate if folks would take this patch for a spin and report back their experience.

Known Issues:

These changes will be incompatible with earlier versions of the python 2.x series.  I know
for a fact that python versions <= 2.4 won't even parse this patch, and I suspect getting
such older versions of python to work would require lots of effort.   I'm a little unsure
of how well python 2.5 will be supported - I have yet to test that far back.  I also didn't
test anything earlier than 3.3 in the python3.x stream.

--
-K