qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ Broker Architecture
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:07:23 GMT
On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 09:45 +0530, Joice Joy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am browsing through Qpid C++ broker code. Need a high level design of the
> broker and its client.
>
> Is there a design doc available?
>
> Any basic doc will do. I am also willing to add to the design docs if there
> is any gap
> that needs to be covered.
>
> This is my first time at Qpid. Please help in getting some directions.
>
> Joice Joy

First check the user docs at qpid.apache.org - you probably have already.

Next:

    make docs; firefox docs/api/html-dev/index.html

The overview is a bit thin (to put it nicely) and the coverage is spotty
but its a start. If you want to contribute that would be *great*, it's a
rare treat to find a person who isn't used to the code and is willing to
take the time to figure it out :)

Best option is to edit the doxygen comments directly, they're mostly
in .h files, with the overview in docs/api/doxygen_developer_mainpage.h.
Create a JIRA with a patch, you can assign it to me if you want.

There is a design_docs dir, but it mainly has early drafts of ideas
that are out of date now. IMO the best way to keep design docs up to
date is to keep them close to the code (and even then...)

Shout if you need more pointers in your research.

Cheers,
Alan.