qpid-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing old Qpid website content
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:23:16 GMT
The qpid/site checkout is now getting to be about 1.5 gigs.  I'd like to
shrink it to make it more manageable.

The largest chunks are naturally enough from release content.  I propose
that we delete release content that is older than three years.  Right now,
this would mean deleting the content for releases 0.12 and earlier.  Users
who wanted that content would have to download the source artifact and
generate it locally.

  https://gist.github.com/ssorj/522d7e0ce93e30c4fe37

Deleting the older website content would save us about 350-450 megabytes
(depending on svn metadata).  If we keep to the three-year rule of thumb,
it should remain stable at a little over 1gig to checkout.

There's also the 2010 site archive.  It's not huge, and it's no problem to
keep it, but I'd like to consider purging it as well.

Your thoughts?

Justin