qpid-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: towards releasing the new AMQP 1.0 JMS client
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:43:03 GMT
On 02/19/2015 08:01 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Any more opinions out there on the name/version of the new client? If
> not, I'll likely proceed to update the version to 0.1.0[-SNAPSHOT],
> leave the module names as qpid-jms-foo, and begin working on setting
> up a Jenkins job to publish snapshots to repository.apache.org later
> today or tomorrow.
>
> Robbie

I like the idea of just letting the new client supplant the old one
using the QPid JMS name.  I'm pretty sure no matter what we called it
there'd be confusion so I think its better to just try and do a good job
of making things clear on the website and answer the question as they
come up.  Over time this should all work itself out.

> On 18 February 2015 at 22:39, Steve Huston <shuston@riverace.com> wrote:

the risk of some short term confusion.

>>> I think its a few years late for that hehe. If we were renaming, I'd possibly
go
>>> with 'legacy' or something to that effect, but I'd quite possibly leave it
>>> unchanged.
>> I think that leaving it as is is fine, and make the distinction on the web site,
aiming to have just the Qpid JMS after a small number of releases.

>>> navigation.
>> +1
>>
>> -Steve

Tim Bish