qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject [proton]: docs for python reactive api
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:59:01 GMT
I've made a start on some documentation for the reactive python api.
This consists of an updated version of the tutorial that lived alongside
the examples when they were in a separate branch, and a start at an
overview of the model and key classes involved. I used sphinx for this
as it provided some helpful tools like the ability to include text from
the actual examples (avoiding copying the text and the associated pitfalls).

Initially I put it in the top level docs directory as that was what I
first noticed. However I now see there is also a docs directory under
proton-c. So where would be the best place to house this, assuming there
are no objections to including it in the current tree? Should it be the
top level docs dir? The one under proton-c? Something new under
proton-c/bindings/python? include it in examples/python ?

I've attached a patch with what I have to date. I need to integrate the
sphinx build process into cmake somehow, which will be the next step,
but there is also plenty more to do on the content itself. If we agree
it can go into the tree and agree where it should go, then I'll commit
the content as I work on improving it to allow others to follow or join
in more easily if they wish.