qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de>
Subject proton reply handling again
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:46:31 GMT
Hallo!

I am implementing message handling event loop using proton library.
I create a pm_messenger, subscribe to several incoming queues and wait
for input. I also need to send outgoing messages when handling incoming
ones and for some of the outgoing messages I want to get an immediate
reply (which has to be received outside of the main event loop). To get
a reply I use a temporary queue (created using "#" token). As far as I
understand I should not subscribe to this queue in my primary messenger,
since I cannot temporary suspend or cancel other subscriptions, which
have to be handled in primary event loop. So at the start of a process,
I create a separate pn_messenger for immediate replies, subscribe it
to the temporary queue and use wherever I need the reply. Can you
confirm that this second messenger will not conflict with the primary
one, in particular that when I read the reples the input pending for
the queues to which the primary messenger is subscribed will not be
affected in any way?

Another issue: as I can see neither pm_messenger_recv nor pn_messenger_get
hae a timeout option. Do I miss sthing or to get a timeout for message
input I need to use a selectables together with poll or select syscall?

Best regards,
--
 (OvO) |  Mikhail Iwanow                   |