qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: What is x-amqp-to?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:09:01 GMT
On 01/29/2015 08:28 AM, Michael Goulish wrote:
> This qpid::messaging code I am using is in my 'topologist' program that
> talks to (and then abuses) router networks.
>
> I tried just now changing my code to just put that addr in "amqp-to",
> and just "to", instead of "x-amqp-to".   It hanged.

With qpid::messaging x-amqp-to is indeed the correct way to set (or get)
the 'to' field of an AMQP 1.0 message. It is a convetion specific to
that API for accessing AMQP 1.0 fields that do not have explicit
accessors on the qpid::messaging::Message class. That string won't
actually be included on a 1.0 message (if you sent via 0-10 it would).