qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proton 0.9 alpha 2
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:53:58 GMT
On 01/26/2015 12:35 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Oops, my bad. I will follow up with an alpha 3 shortly...

Though not related to the alpha specifically, it was pointed out to me
that e.g. setting the address on a terminus in python throws an error if
the value is a unicode string. A similar issue was raised as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-802 for the hostname. There
may be other instances also.

What's the best way to fix this? Is it something at the swig level? Or a
per field decision in the wrapping code?  It would be ideal if setting a
property as a unicode value meant that a subsequent read of the property
got the same thing out. (That may not be essential though)