qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ and Python 15.02 - Alpha approaches
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:48:46 GMT
On 01/20/2015 04:27 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> The JIRA workflow I've used for proton to date has
> somewhat depended on being able to predict the next release number given
> the current release number. I would argue that's a nice property to have
> for version numbers in general, e.g. being able to say things like "next
> version" and "prior version" and have that map to something obvious
> relative to the current version is I think a generally user friendly thing
> to do.

Agreed. Having some understanding of expected timeline (and ideally
scope) for the next release (and ideally even the subsequent one, since
the question is often 'if not now, when?') is also user friendly.

If we get better at sharing release schedules, I think the value in the
dated release numbering is less important, since there is more likely to
be a well documented history as well.