qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ and Python 15.02 - Alpha approaches
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:30:26 GMT
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:37:25AM -0500, Justin Ross wrote:
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Any-ETA-on-a-QPid-0-32-release-td7617054.html
>
> Yes, the generally agreed goal is to move away from "0." for our now mature
> components.  I don't think any suggestion was made about Proton.
>
> Most participants on that thread favored a YY.MM (Year, Month) scheme, so
> that's where I started.

The only thing in this that kind of troubles me is using the month in
the version. I don't mind the year component, but have the 14.x be
replaced by 15.3 (assuming a march release) seems very strange. I would
find it more sensible for the subcomponent to be 0-based, so that we
have YY.0, YY.1, YY.2, etc.

Also, should we plan ahead for the Y2100 problem with this versioning
scheme? :D

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/