qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid compilation problem on Sparc
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:20:28 GMT
On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 18:02 +0100, Raphael Fuchs wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to build Qpid 0.28 on a Solaris Sparc 10 machine, but the build
> failes when trying to compile the python wrappers. I have python 2.4, 2.6
> and 2.7 installed on the machine. The Swig Version is 2.0.9.
>
> Can you give me some hints what I could try next?

The first question is: do you need the swig wrappers? If not you could
just turn them off - it looks like the actual C++ libraries compiled.

If you do, then investigate the version of swig. The current version on
my machine (a recent Fedora Linux) is 3.0.2. The latest versino of the
2.0 releases is 2.0.12 released in 2014 as against the 2012 for the
version you are using.

Looking at the errors briefly makes me think the problem is the swig
generated C++ not working well with the python 2.7 C headers. Which
could either be a swig problem or a C++ incompatibility with the Python
headers. Given that Python 2.7 works elsewhere, I'd suspect your version
of swig.

Andrew