qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: qpid-proton, outgoing window, and message status == PN_STATUS_ABORT
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:03:13 GMT
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Jim Spring <jmspring@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings -
>
> I've written a test application that all it does asynchronously send
> messages to Azure EventHub using qpid proton.  At the quid-proton level, I
> have set the outgoing window (for tracking messages sent) at various sizes,
> but let's say 1000.  My sending makes sure that I keep this window
> basically full.
>
> At the AMQP level, Event Hub negotiates an
> outgoing-window/remote-incoming-window with an initial value of 300.  And
> is modified by flow frames.
>
> When in my loop, I go back to check on whether messages have finished being
> sent or not, I usually check:
>
>      pn_messanger_buffered(messenger, tracker)
>
> and
>
>      pn_messenger_status(messenger, tracker)
>
> For the first 300 messages that go through successfully,
> pn_messenger_buffer returns false, as expected and pn_messenger_status
> returns PN_STATUS_PENDING.  Once that 300 entity window is full,
> pn_messenger_status starts returning PN_STATUS_ABORTED instead.
>
> I would assume that qpid-proton would be handling this under the hood?  Am
> I mistaken?

The aborted status suggests the connection was shutdown for some reason. If
you do an 'export PN_TRACE_FRM=1', you should be able to capture a protocol
trace that might shed some light onto what is going on. It would be great
if you could post that here (or in a JIRA if it is too long for the list).

--Rafael