qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Whelan <Chris.Whe...@systemsandsoftware.net>
Subject RE: Compiling qpid on aix 7.1 with xlc 13.1.0
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:59:48 GMT
I am wondering if this problem is being caused by an XLC bug.  From the stackoverflow thread
linked below, it appears there is a workaround but I am not familiar enough with C++ templates
in order to know how to apply the described workaround to qpid code.  The second link seems
to indicate that IBM didn't consider a similar problem to be a compiler bug.  If anyone can
tell me I am off base here or alternatively offer any insight on how to incorporate the workaround
in qpid code, that would be great.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17260479/c-and-ibm-compiler-bug

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IZ67247

Some Additional Information that was accidentally omitted from the previous post:

export CC=/opt/IBM/xlC/13.1.0/bin/xlc
export CXX=/opt/IBM/xlC/13.1.0/bin/xlc++ export BOOST_ROOT=/resgrp072/enquesta_5_0/boost_1_53_0
export PATH=/opt/IBM/xlC/13.1.0/bin:$PATH

attempted build from qpid “bld” subdirectory.

cmake.out is output from “cmake ..”
make_all.out is output from “make all”

Thanks,

Chris Whelan