qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de>
Subject Re: Sender object overhead
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:31:36 GMT
I am using qpid-cpp 0.30, I am not tied to any specific protocol version
and can use whatever is available / appropriate for my case. The rate of
the messages might be high, but important thingf that even with low message
rate the reaction to message is as fast as possible. To send messages I use
a qpid::messaging c++ interface.

Where can I get the description of using null target and "to" field setting?
I have seen this capability in proton examples, but not in c++.

Best regards,

03.12.2014 11:03, Gordon Sim пишет:
> On 12/03/2014 06:54 AM, Michael Ivanov wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I am developing an event loop which might be required to periodically send
>> messages to different mailboxes. I am a bit unsure whether creating Sender
>> object for each message does involve a lot of overhead? Can I create a Sender
>> each time when I send a message or is it better to cache the senders, avoiding
>> repeated cretion for each new message?
>
> In general I would avoid creating senders per message if possible, but if the rate at
which messages was sent was very low, then
> it might not be a big issue.
>
> What API are you using? Also what broker/equivalent and what version of AMQP (if you
know/care)? (AMQP 1.0 allows a sender to
> anull target, where messages are then routed based on the 'to' field within them, which
would mean a single sender could be used
> to send any message. However this is not supported by everything yet).

 (OvO) |  Mikhail Iwanow                   |
 (^^^) |      Voice:   +7 (911) 223-1300   |
  \^/  |      E-mail:  ivans@logit-ag.de   |