qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Any ETA on a QPid 0.32 release
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:53:49 GMT
On 12/02/2014 04:14 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> Can we also move from version 0.32 to something more reflective of the
> maturity of the product?

3.2?

[...]
> I'd also be in favour of separating
> out the components a bit - from the Java side we'd probably then look to
> branch later but spend less time on a branch before release.

I have no issue with releasing components on different schedules.

However I do think it is very important that every component has an
established release schedule published well in advance.

The 'main' qpid release has at least given a fairly predictable
periodicity to releases, though we could certainly do better at
publishing roadmaps in advance.

The proton 0.9 roadmap is very welcome. However I think previously,
proton and dispatch releases are hard to predict or understand for the
general public and we want to make that sort of uncertainty less common.

Obviously dates can slip a little here or there and that's normal. The
key is just to give some window into the future plans for every
component to all who might be interested.