qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is Ruby necessary to building Qpid?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:34:35 GMT
On 12/01/2014 01:05 AM, 163邮箱 wrote:
> It seems that Ruby is used to generate something related to AMQP. Can I build Qpid without
it and still have AMQP support in client API?

It's possible I'm wrong, but unfortunately I don't think you can build
at all without ruby any more. In the older autotools based source
release, the generated code was included in the tarball so that you
didn't need to regenerate it. However with cmake it seems that is no
longer the case.

The code generation is actually only used for the 0-10 support. I would
like to make that optional at some point, but haven't had the time to do so.