qpid-users mailing list archives

From 钱晓明 <mailtoanta...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Is storemodule still the only solution to make messages persistent?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:05:52 GMT
Thanks for your quick reply. I try to build qpid and found there is a linearstore. I can not
find documents for it. What is the difference between it and legacystore? Which one should
I prefer? Or just point me where I can find these information.
Thanks!

在2014年11月28 17时49分,"Gordon Sim"<gsim@redhat.com>写道:

On 11/28/2014 08:58 AM, 钱晓明 wrote:
> Hi, I find that qpid must load extra module to make messages persistent in mails before.
Is it the only way to do this?

Yes, but the store module is now included in the main source so you
don't need to get anything separate.

> I need the content of queues are also available after qpid restart.
> If it is the only way, where can I get it which is compatible with current stable qpid
version?

As above, the store module is built as part of the main qpid-cpp build.
If you install, then it will be placed in the default modules directory
and should be loaded automatically. Otherwise you can use the
--load-module option. The module on linux is called legacystore.so.

> Thanks. I just need a Message Queue Service which has C++ client API under windows/Linux,
support persistent  message and timeout option in receiving. It seems Qpid is the only option.

With AMQP 1.0 support in the qpid::messaging c++ client, you should be
able to use that against other 1.0 compatible brokers also (e.g.
activemq, rabbitmq etc). Not all options/extensions will be supported by
all brokers yet however.