qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Proton Messenger Python NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:12:52 GMT
Hi All,
I've done a full build off the latest in the Proton git repo, the build
was clean
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

were all happy and

sudo make install

pushed the various bindings into
/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings

Which is what I'd expect having not set -DSYSINSTALL_BINDINGS

I've tried to run msgr-send.py and msg-recv.py in
qpid-proton/tests/tools/apps/python

but I'm seeing

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./msgr-send.py", line 23, in <module>
     from proton import *
   File "/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py", line 3146, in
<module>
     class SASL(object):
   File "/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py", line 3209, in
SASL
     STATE_CONF = PN_SASL_CONF
NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined

In my env I'm seeing
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python:

which I think is OK and from the error above it does look like it's
actually seeing /usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Frase