qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is storemodule still the only solution to make messages persistent?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:52:23 GMT
On 11/28/2014 12:05 PM, 钱晓明 wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply. I try to build qpid and found there is a linearstore. I
can not find documents for it. What is the difference between it and legacystore? Which one
should I prefer? Or just point me where I can find these information.

The legacystore is the older implementation. With it, every queue has to
be sized upfront, and it can't grow beyond that size. The linearstore is
a newer implementation that removes this limitation by using a common
pool of page files, and thus allows a given queue to grow as needed.

You can choose which to build via the cmake options BUILD_LINEARSTORE,
BUILD_LEGACYSTORE.

I will need to defer to Kim, the author of these stores, for any more
detailed information.