qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: flow control in Broker Federation on 0.22
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:20:14 GMT
On 11/20/2014 03:11 AM, Kyrie.Gao wrote:
> Hello Gordon,
>
> Just one more thing. I have tried to set capacity and sent messages by using
> C++, and the result is quite positive. While I use python client to do the
> same thing, it sounds that setCapacity is useless at all. Is it a
> malfunction with regard to qpid python Sender class?
>
> By the way, I sent 10k messages to broker at once. First time I modify the
> capacity to 1 and second time I set the value to 1000. Both of these two
> experiments cost about 10s. I tried with both version 0.14 and 0.30. I also
> read the source code, I mean qpid:messaging:endpoints.py, the Sender class
> shows me that it will wait for a few million-seconds when the available
> value comes to 0, but this value is never down to 0.

By default the send in the python qpid.messaging client is synchronous -
i.e. it will block until confirmed by the broker. In this mode, the
capacity is of little value as you say.

However yo can specify sync=False as a parameter to send(), in which
case it will be asynchronous and the capacity will be used as with the
default in the c++ qpid::messaging client.