qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Kyrie.Gao" <jie....@hp.com>
Subject Re: flow control in Broker Federation on 0.22
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:09:48 GMT
Thank you Gordon! We have decided to apply setCapacity feature into our
project, however, the way to success is always so tortuous. It seems that
there are two set of client apis (qpid.messaging and qpid.client) and the
way to use them are totally different. It seems that qpid.client is more
strict to AMQP protocol?

I can do the following steps to set its capacity by using qpid.messsaging.

/Session session = connection.createSession();
Sender sender = session.createSender(address);
sender.setCapacity(n);/

However, I cannot find out how to set capacity by using qpid.client. What I
found in some docs about how to use it is all about the basic connection and
sending messaging.

/Session session =  connection.newSession();
// session.createSender("amq.topic"); // compilation error for session class
has no such interface.
session.messageTransfer(arg::content=message, arg::destination="amq.topic");
/

Instead using sender, it just uses session to send out the messages. At this
time, I notice some interfaces that are related to flow control.

/session.messageStop(arg::destination="amq.topic");
session.messageSetFlowMode(arg::destination="amq.topic", arg::flowMode=1,
arg::sync=false);/

But the program throws an exception like "cannot find destination". Now I
have no idea about how to apply flow control in qpid.client. Maybe they are
not supported at all?

I await your prompt response.

Thanks,
Kyrie