qpid-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de>
Subject qpid proton reply handling
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:43:14 GMT
Greetings!

I am new to qpid-proton, can somebody give me some pointers on how to get replies
for the messages when working via qpidd broker? I tried to use msgr-{send/recv}
examples from tests/tools, they seem to work fine when used without broker
(I used primary queue address string amqp://~0.0.0.0/q1 and reply queue name "~").
When I use a qpidd broker I use amqp://127.0.0.1/q1 to acces primary queue and
I tried both "~" and "~/q1" as reply_to names. In both cases I have seen that
replies were sent to some "amqp://xxxxx......xxxxxx" address (with or without
q1 appended) but it looks like reply messages are lost, send program hangs
forever waiting for reply.

I tried using hardwired reply queue name (setting reply_to to "amqp://127.0.0.1/q1-reply")
and this worked, but in this case I have to pre-create reply queue manually
using qpid-config. Is there a way to create temporary (auto-delete) queues
from proton library?

Finally is there any way to read only messages with specified priority from
input queue in proton C?

I am currently using qpid-proton 0.7 with qpidd from qpid-cpp 0.30

Best regards,
--
 (OvO) |  Mikhail Iwanow                   |