qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 Message Encoding - using AMQP typed data vs. Mime content-type / content-encoding (Was (unintentionally I assume): P)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:33:12 GMT
On 11 September 2014 13:07, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 09/10/2014 08:02 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> If you want to use HTTP / MIME style (which I think is better for
>> pretty much everything except for maybe a few cases) then just stick
>> your message body data in a data section. Only where there is some
>> specific advantage to be gained over the HTTP / MIME encoding style
>> would I consider using the AMQP type system for your message data.
>>

> It was recently pointed out that sending a message as a data section with
> a content type of 'text/plain' was interpreted by the 1.0 JMS client as a
> ByteMessage. To have the message received as a TextMessage, it had to be
> sent as a string-typed amqp-value section.

Yeah - that should change in the JMS client - text/* should obviously be
mapped to a text message (with the charset parameter - if present - being
used to decode).  I'd assume that application/json and similar would also
want to be represented as a text message.  I'll raise a JIRA for this and
add this behaviour into the JMS client.

-- Rob