qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - Release candidate
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:55:39 GMT
On 09/11/2014 08:32 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  The 0.30 release candidate is now available:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/
>
> Maven repos for qpid-java and qpid-java-qmf-tools respectively:
>
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1012
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1013
>
> Take notice! This remains pre-release software.  Use it only for testing.
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.30-rc.log
>
> There's been quite a bit of good testing and feedback so far.  Thanks very
> much to those who have helped.  My testing on Fedora 19 x86-64 showed no
> test failures (though it does show some test clean up issues).  Please test
> the RC in your own environment and report back to this list.
>
> These artifacts are signed.  If approved by vote, the RC bits will be the
> GA bits.  I plan to open the vote Tuesday next week if no new blockers are
> discovered in the mean time.
>
> Now that we've begun to produce release candidates, only "blocker" issues
> will be considered for inclusion.  See the release page for more
> information.

I've gone through some basic testing on all the packages:

* qpid-cpp builds and tests pass (couple of expected failures due to
missing dependencies)
* python tests pass against c++ broker (qpid-python, qpid-tests)
* c++ client works over 0-10 and 1.0 against c++ broker
* qpid tools work against broker (qpid-python, qpid-qmf, qpid-tools)
* JMS Drain works against c++ broker

* the qpid-java-qmf-tools stuff builds ok; the scripts didn't work 'out
of the box for me' I had to setup a classpath manually and was then able
to run QpidConfig and also the REST management service

* qpid-java builds and runs internal tests ok
* ran JMS client (0-10 only) against c++ broker
* had to dig around to find how to start the broker from this package,
but did eventually get it going
* c++ clients can send and receive ok over 0-10 and 1.0
* out of the box broker only supports CRAM-MD5, which the python client
doesn't support. I changed the broker to allow anonymous and tests ran
with one failure:
  qpid_tests.broker_0_10.dtx.DtxTests.test_set_timeout_too_high raised
error 'Xid already started an neither join nor resume setXid(format=0,
globalId="dummy", branchId="v24")'

Nothing I would consider a blocker.