qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 Message Encoding - using AMQP typed data vs. Mime content-type / content-encoding (Was (unintentionally I assume): P)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:07:23 GMT
On 09/10/2014 08:02 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> If you want to use HTTP / MIME style (which I think is better for
> pretty much everything except for maybe a few cases) then just stick
> your message body data in a data section. Only where there is some
> specific advantage to be gained over the HTTP / MIME encoding style
> would I consider using the AMQP type system for your message data.

It was recently pointed out that sending a message as a data section
with a content type of 'text/plain' was interpreted by the 1.0 JMS
client as a ByteMessage. To have the message received as a TextMessage,
it had to be sent as a string-typed amqp-value section.

I don't know if the JMS mapping already mentions this, but this case
would probably be worth considering there.