qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Federation & Push Routes & Exclusive access to queue
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:01:59 GMT
On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 03:09:44PM +0330, afshin afzali wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
> Thanks for your info!
> Actually I did it as you said by creating a queue for each route :)
> And I don't know why the guys don't update distribution packages on
> repositories (I mean CentOS / Ubuntu)?

Hi, Afshin. I can hopefully answer your packaging question.

Regarding CentOS, we're limited as to what we can release on that distro
by what is in base RHEL, on which CentOS is based. We can release
packages via the EPEL [1] repositories, but we can't release anything
there if it exists in base RHEL/CentOS.

So, for RHEL6 and CentOS 6, we were previously unable to push updates
since Qpid 0.14 was already packages in base RHEL. However, that has
changed and we are currently looking into how we can push updates into
EPEL for RHEL6, which CentOS can use.

For RHEL7 and CentOS 7 we do have Qpid 0.28 available current [2].

On Debian I'm currently looking for sponsorship to update the Qpid
packages available. The previous maintainer retired from Debian a couple
of years ago and the package languished until recently. I have 0.28
packages for Debian [3] but it's a slow process for package adoption in
Debian (it took roughly 3 months or so for me to get qpid-proton adopted).

HTH.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
[2] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/q/
[3] http://mentors.debian.net/package/qpid-cpp