qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Add qmf shutdown command to the broker [was Re: QPID C++ - Dynamically Managing Broker]
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:17:52 GMT
On Wed, 2014-09-24 at 10:40 -0700, Spencer.Doak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well as you know, I'm definitely in support of this addition.
>
> I do not know how the exact details about the QMF listener, but I would
> imagine it could receive the shutdown message and do something like
> "std::exit(1);". Of course there might be some necessary clean-up before
> calling the exit command; however, I would guess that it's probably a pretty
> easy command to implement.

Yes pretty easy, not quite exit(1) more of a broker->shutdown() ;)
Biggest bit of work (for me) would be  adding the ACL rule. Maybe
someone who knows the ACL stuff would like to take it?

I've JIRAed it, further suggestions can go on the JIRA:

It's assigned to me for now but like I said if anyone who knows the ACL
stuff wants it, please be my guest!

Cheers,
Alan.