qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Frank Heuschen" <frank.heusc...@oraise.com>
Subject AW: proton-j 0.7 problem with SSL Certificate
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 06:54:17 GMT
Hi Rob,

thanks a lot for your answer - as you rightly assumed, the service provider expects SSL client
authentication. This combination of certificate file and pem file finally did the trick.

Kind regards
Frank

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rob Godfrey [mailto:rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. September 2014 22:37
An: users@qpid.apache.org
Betreff: Re: proton-j 0.7 problem with SSL Certificate

Hi Frank,

So... I'm a bit surprised that you received a PEM file which (from the bouncy castle error
above) seems to contain a private key.  By definition private keys should be private.

The only reason a client application might need a private key is if it was using SSL certificates
for client authentication (in a "standard" SSL interaction the only the server is authenticated
- by providing the client a certificate which the client verifies has been signed by a third
party it trusts - this is how HTTPS works by default... However you can additionally use SSL
to identify the "client" to the server... in this case the client also presents a certificate
(and the client application will need to posses the private key for its certificate)).

If you are actually requiring SSL client authentication, you would need to set messenger.setCertificate
with the .cer file containing the certificate being used to identify the client, and messenger.setPrivateKey
with the .pem file containing the private key.

-- Rob