qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Adams, Cory" <coad...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Experiences with Qpid AMQP 1.0 JMS client in production
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:52:01 GMT
Rob,

That did make a huge difference.

One question though - I tried the system property route by setting a -D arg (-Dqpid.sync_publish=false)
but the client did not pick up the behavior.  It did work with the amqp url ?sync-publish=false.
 Why is the system property being ignored?

This is for the 0.28 qpid-amqp-1-0-client

Thank you for the suggestion,

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Godfrey [mailto:rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:59 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Experiences with Qpid AMQP 1.0 JMS client in production

So, first thing to make sure would be to make sure either both clients are in synchronous
publish mode, or both in async...  it makes a *huge* difference. (To turn off synchronous
publish on the 1.0 client you can either set the system property "qpid.sync_publish" to false,
or add the connection url argument sync-publish=false).

We'd also need to look at how much of any performance difference is down to the client and
how much to the broker... I see Gordon has already replied saying that he's made changes broker
side on the performance of the C++ broker...  I think it's probably also true that the Java
Broker performance for 1.0 will  be lower simply because we've not spent the time tuning it
yet.  Hopefully once we've got a few scenarios like yours we can start to look at tuning for
the use-cases our users care about.

Cheers,
Rob