qpid-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - alpha is available
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:23:38 GMT
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/08/2014 03:55 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>
>> On 8 August 2014 11:33, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We would need to add a specific java source bundle to that list. Would
>>> there be one bundle or would e.g. the 1.0 JMS client be in its own source
>>> bundle?
>>>

>>>  I think for this release there should only be one, its all built as one
>> big
>> thing. We can look to split things up further at the build level if we
>> wish
>> later, and at that point start creating more source artifacts.
>>

> Sounds good.
>
> [...]
>
>  The Java QMF2 tools and GUI Fraser made will need an archive. They
>> currently live under tools, but are not included in the archive with the
>> other QMF tools.
>>

> I'd love to have that included if possible and I would commit to testing
> and voting on it if we are in a position to have a release artefact in time
> for 0.30.

With 0.30 beta, we have the -bin packages from the maven output.  The
qpid-tools source archive does also include the java source of Fraser's
tools.

Based on Gordon's suggestion, here's what I think we would have (with
versions adjusted):

  Source archives, each to be voted independently:

    qpid-cpp-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-java-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-python-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-qmf-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-tests-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-tools-0.30-beta.tar.gz

  Java binaries:

    qpid-java-amqp-1-0-client-jms-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz
    qpid-java-broker-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz
    qpid-java-client-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz
    qpid-broker-plugins-management-qmf2-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz
    qpid-qmf2-tools-0.30-beta-bin.tar.gz

  To be removed:

    qpid-0.30-beta.tar.gz
    qpid-wcf-0.30-beta.zip