qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.30 release update - beta is available
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:45:49 GMT
On 15 August 2014 13:58, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 August 2014 13:56, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 14 August 2014 21:42, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> [... snip ...]
>

> > > - started broker, ran clients against it
> > > - the 1.0 example fails with a NPE until you create a queue named
> 'queue'
> > >

> > Yes, I mentioned creating the queue in the readme to help try people
> along.
> > Would be nice if it didnt NPE of course.
> >

> I've made a change on trunk (https://svn.apache.org/r1618168 ) to fix this
> issue though I didn't actually see an NPE - just an exception with message
> "null" - do you see something different?

I hadnt seen the exception in a while, I was just repeating.

Trying it without the queue in place deliberately gets this:

Caught exception: null
javax.jms.JMSException
    at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.MessageConsumerImpl.createClientReceiver(MessageConsumerImpl.java:176)

Using trunk, now gets this:

Caught exception: AMQP error: 'not-found' when attempting to create a
receiver from: 'queue'
javax.jms.JMSException: AMQP error: 'not-found' when attempting to create a
receiver from: 'queue'